© All rights reserved, Thorsten Kraska, 2009
300g strawberries (hulled)
140g powdered sugar
200g yogurt (10% fat)
6 sheets unflavored gelatin (or gelatin for 0.5 liter fluid)
2 Tablespoons water
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
peel of 1/2 lemon (grated)
250 mL whipping cream
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions.
- Put strawberries in a blender and add lemon peel, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth. Fold in yogurt by hand until mixed well.
- Dissolve the prepared gelatin in 2 tablespoons warm water. Mix gelatin into the strawberry mixture by hand until well blended. Put into the refrigerator.
- Whip whipping cream.
- When the strawberry mixture is starting to set and has the same consistency as the whipping cream, fold in the whipping cream carefully.
- Put the mousse into the refrigerator and let set for about 4 hours until mousse is ready to serve.
Serve it with a simple strawberry sauce. To make the sauce puree fresh strawberries. Sweeten the puree with powdered sugar to your liking. Add some lemon juice for a fresh note.