Friday, July 31, 2009

Taste of childhood: peaches

The variety of peaches or any other fruit you can get on local markets seems to get bigger and bigger. Not only yellow and white fleshed peaches, but also all different shapes like what is called here in Germany "vineyard peaches":


Vineyard Peaches
© All rights reserved, Thorsten Kraska, 2009


This more flat shaped peaches have a thicker peel. I haven't seen them the last years, but now they seem to be almost anywhere. While I was walking over the market last week, I saw a more orange to yellow colored peach variety with a very intense flavor. It reminded me at once to the flavor of peaches known in my childhood. Very sweet, very fruity. I have bought some and immediately after coming home I have to test them. And the flavor was just as I remember it from my childhood. Even the little bitterness of the peel was there. I love this taste and I hope that these peaches will become so popular as the vineyard peaches are nore.


Peaches
© All rights reserved, Thorsten Kraska, 2009


Soon after these photos were made, I made peach jam out of these wonderful peaches.

3 comments:

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

This is one of my best fruits to enjoy in the summer. Beautiful pics!

Helene said...

Yes, we call them "peches de vigne" also! I love those, so juicy!
Your peach series is beautiful Thorsten!

Free Credit Score said...

They look really sweet and juicy! Very well-snapped photos. Good job!